Riding Shotgun

ramblings from the passenger's seat

Monday, October 11, 2004

Wow, You Look Like Your Mother.

No! I mean, i but
I didn't
well
I...
...you look like your mother.

"What are we doing? What are we doing with our lives?" ---J

And there I was, someone passed out on the stairs, the Unicorns playing loud enough on computer speakers, hipsters with their ties as belts and VV sweatervests drinking themselves silly in a directionless haze. There I was surronded by people I've never met but I already know, hearing them utter such familiar phrases; "save me the 60% spit", "You want the green hit?", "I liked the first album better". There I was wondering if we had been here instead of out west if we would have not also been asking if anyone had any E. Then I left, in a car with two cups of water and a cup of something else all in other people's hands. I didnt even get a picture...not of that at least.

" Can you guys go easier on the guitars, I just don't want 'em scratched." - m-s guy

Of Turkey and Stars
you can never have too much
yet,
of each,
I've had plenty.

And there I was splashing in the rivers of my childhood. I wondered what it could possibly mean to someone else to trod the paths I've walked so much. Not just there but also the area, the surrondings were once again within armslength. There I was in parks I frequented, on trails I'de walked, in stores I'de patronised, with people I'de known. I did it all again. Yet this time it was different it was...

Best of wishes to the ladies Maxine, Nadia and the middle-one whose name eludes me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home