Riding Shotgun

ramblings from the passenger's seat

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Sometimes you've got to wonder.
You wonder why tequila, for example, tastes like insect repellant?
Or if, when you're looking out through that very opaque window, there is someone looking in?
Mostly I wonder what goes on unseen.

On a more concrete level. Today I cooked and cleaned. That's my job and I still get thanked for it. It's kind of nice. Although I do feel to some extent like I'm not pulling my weight, I do try. Thus is the nature of partnerships. So failing to add substantive assistance I try for moral support. It seems to be working. Have you ever tried cooking for twelve? It's difficult...well not exactly difficult just kind of tetchy. You're never sure wether the recipe will respond properly to exponential upscaling. I say this after only one real meal. We shall see. The floors kind of smell mopped which is good and my breaktime lemonade tasted like RAID which is probably bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home